I'm stoked to let you know about my good friend Gavin's SURF TRIP surf culture event thats going to be on
Saturday, Feb 27th at Jefferson Park, Merewether Beach, in conjunction with the Newcastle Surfest 2016.
The schedule is as follows:
9am - 3pm
• Vintage surfboard Show and Shine - bring your pre 90’s boards to show and tell us their stories - doesn’t have to be mint so long as they have a good story with them!!
• Buy / trade / sell - vintage boards and memorabilia - you will need to register your board / gear and pay a nominal fee to sell it - still to be determined.
• The Kings of Chronology - board appraisals marquee will have live board appraisals by experts with guest speakers. We have a good crew of unique characters including Gavin, Peter McCabe, Sam Egan, Lance Knight, Matty Chojnacki, my good self of www.boardcollector.com, and a few other noted collectors on board to do board appraisals and talk story.
• Stall holders including Dick Hoole selling all manner of intriguing Surf related memorabilia and apparatus!
• Surf art displays
An intimate evening exploring the Spirit of Surfing!!!
Beach Hotel Merewether - $20 pre-purchase, $25 at the door
• Vintage Surfboard Auction - a modest selection of gorgeous boards with stories to tell for sale by live auction. Profits raised donated to the SIDS foundation; Newcastle’s favourite son, MR will attend.
• LITMUS - the ground-breaking movie from 1995 is having it’s 20th Anniversary. Come experience the essential surf movie that re-awakened the heart of surfing , Andrew Kidman, the creator of LITMUS will be our guest for the evening, performing live with Q&A reflections on this seminal story of the soul in surfing
If you’d like to display boards or sell/swap please go to our website and register.