Boardcollector presents "Green Cathedral" surf board meet.
Woollongong Art Gallery Saturday 14th December.
Due to a fantastic response to the event we have updated the format.
As well as hearing a fantastic talk and slide show by Geoff Cater from surfresearch.com on the history of surfing in the Illawarra and the amazing and seeing the Shooting the curl! exhibition and contemporary surf art show including painted boards by Ozzy Wright, you can now come and see the latest cutting edge and alternative surfboard designs for sale and on display and a fine selection of Vintage surf craft and memorabilia.
- As part of the surfboard meet there will be surf inspired art, photography and merchandise.
- Come and talk to the shapers about surfboard designs from around the country.
- Free vintage surfboard appraisals. Bring along your vintage board and find out how much it's worth and all about its history.
- Vintage surfboard market. Bring your vintage surfboard and we will sell it for you while you enjoy the exhibition!!
- Free stalls for exhibitors.
- Free entry for visitors.
- Enquiries email@example.com
-0417 716 937.
We have 20 x 2mtr x 3mtr stalls with tables on offer.
Stalls are free.
So far exhibitors include.
- Deus Ex Machina including custom motor bikes hand shapes by Joel Fitzgerald.
- Vampirate surfboards.
- Dead Kooks surfboards.
- Mako surfboards.
- The amazing Geoff Cater from surfresearch.com will hold a "show and tell" where you can bring any interesting surf related item or mystery board and get its history.
- The best in Australian surf art and photography.
- Photography and books by Matt Johnson of 'A Sea Life'.
- Photographer Andrew Bass.
- Books by Switchfoot.
- Artist, photographer and writer Simon Perini.
- Foam Symmetry's Justin Bevan.
- Thiroul's coolest surf emporium Finbox.
- The boy's from Critical Slide Society.
- Vintage Surf Memorabilia and bric a brac by Geoff.
- Fins and boards by Barnacle Studio.
- Spunk records beautiful surf tunes.
- Mexican food made on the spot!
We are now looking for a few more modern and alternative surfboard shapers, fin makers etc to come and show their wares and talk about their craft.
The 20 Surfboard meet stalls and tables will be in the amazing Blue Scope gallery.
It will take the format of Scott Bass's Sacred Craft surfboard show.
In addition we have use of the front drive where we will do a vintage pre-1990 surfboard sale and swap.
Bring your old board, we write your price and phone number on it and we sell it for you while you enjoy the exhibition.
pre-1990 surfboard sale and swap, you browse, we sell for you.
Geoff's vintage bric-a-brac
Spunk records music sale