Whilst looking for a picture of my Chrysler Valiant covered with Schroff inspired graphics I found these pictures of my bedroom wall from 1986. Its a snap shot of my formative influences and follies.
- Apocalypse Now. Still the best surf movie of all time.
- Sid Vicious from the Sex Pistols. Pure UK teenage rebellion.
- Ferris Buller. Pure US teenage rebellion.
- Talking Heads. Intellectual teenage rebellion.
- The Doors. If the Doors of perception were cleansed all things would appear infinite. I still don't know what that means.
- An impossibly perfect line up shot of Rincon. I thought California was like this everyday. Imagine how disappointing my first surf at 2ft Huntington Beach was.
- Chappy Jennings.
- Gary Green.
- North Narabeen.
- Shark Island.
- Rik Mayall, Adrian Edmondson, Nigel Planer and Christoper Ryan from the Young Ones.
- Receipt for deposit on custom Aloha surfboard.
- A selection of school bus passes. I sure dont miss the joys of public transport.